Monday, September 8, 2008

Looking UP!

Just a quick update on how things are going - Looking Up!

Things are doing so much better now. Jarett and I literally spent the whole three day weekend (Labor Day weekend) getting things put away and organized. I can say that our house is so much more functional.

Even being functional and organized (as best as can be for now), we are feeling the pinch of the size of our house. It is tooooooooo small. With seven people in - it gets busy all the time, especially when a friend or two come over - Ouch! Jarett and I have decided that we are going to focus on paying off all the debt that has occurred with this adoption and then spend another year getting the house ready to sell. So we are probably looking at 1 1/2 years to 2 years left in this house.
We love our neighborhood and area, so I am not sure if we will stay around here or move towards the school that I work at and the kids attend.

We have our office, so to speak, in our bedroom. This really makes it cramped (and not very romantic), but it works for now. I don't know how we are going to sell this house with as much furniture as we have. It is furniture that we want to keep, for when we move, but it's to much for now.

I think during our October break, we are going to rearrange our garages. This will open up a garage to use as a storing place. I can put the furniture in there for the time being.

Next week, I will gain some sick hours from work. Right now I am -12 hours and by next week I will only be -4 hours. This is tough and I hope that no one gets sick because I can't take off. Jarett is low on his hours as well. I am just excited that I will be able to get to gain some hours. Winter is coming and who knows what is coming our way. :)

Chalene

2 comments:

Daphine said...

I have realized that just having two children, I will never be as organized as I once was. There's just no way.

As far as the house, I think that we all could add a couple of rooms to our home no matter what size we're already living in. We recently moved into a bigger home about 1 1/2 years ago and I am very grateful for this home that God has blessed us with, but I have already said to my husband several times...if only we had one more room. We just keep so much stuff that it's ridiculous.

Good for you and your family that you will be gaining more sick time hours next week. You never know when you're going to need it.

Jen said...

Chalene, see what happens when we don't talk for a day, I get on your blog and see you are planning on moving!! I can't keep up with you girl!
Come move closer to me and live in Seville! I will even help you find a house as I am a realtor in my own mind. I even have references of friends I found homes for.
Wait- I almost forgot, the house next door just went up for sale yesterday!! Too bad you are not ready to move now!LOL
Jennine