Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth


We actually got to go to Disneyland this year. It has been about 7 years since we have gone as a family. We were able to go because we participated in the "Give a Day, Get a Day" that Disney is doing this year. We were 7 of the one million people who got to volunteer and earn a FREE day at Disneyland. I thought it was a great program that they were holding. We volunteered to go to a homeless shelter and read with children. The minimum age was 8 years old so our entire family go to do it together. I really think the children got an appreciate out of it. I didn't tell them what they were doing this for a day pass at DL because I didn't want them to focus on that. I wanted them to get their own sense of worth and appreciation out of this. I really was trying for them to get the good feeling we all get when we volunteer. I told them about their free day when we were at the ticket booth because they were asking why we didn't have to pay.

I was hoping the twins would be more excited about Disneyland than they were. They were extremely excited about all the rides, but I was looking for the "theme" of Disneyland to be more exciting for them. The one big question I got when we began our journey to California was ...."Mommy, is there water in California?". It still amazes me that they still have the fear of not having water or enough water. I really wonder if they will always have that fear. The stories they share about not having water and food, I can understand.

Below are some pictures of our trip:





We had such an amazing time! My best memory of this trip was laughing with the kids. I would laugh so much that my stomach would hurt. I feel so incredibly Blessed to have such an amazing family!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah! I was wondering when we'd all see a few pics from DL, but I didn't want to nag! I'm so glad you all had a great time.

Julie Chandler said...

I'm not so much commenting on the fun trip, but wanted to let you know about a book called Orphans and the Fatherless.

If you would like to check it out, go to www.orphansandthefatherless.com

Sorry, I didn't see an email! :)

Deborah said...

Your children have beautiful smiles!! It was such a good visit - I'm blogging again :)