Thursday, November 13, 2008

Seriously, When Will it END

When we began the adoption process, I just knew we may run into problems. The problems I felt we would run across were ones from Satan. We strongly feel we were called to adopt the girls. We had 3 children already, we didn't need more. God changed our hearts and we obeyed Him. For that, I feel like Satan is big time working on our family dynamics.

Since the girls have been home, it has literally been one thing after another. Every aspect of life has been changed at least once to twice. I am getting tired of it and I am also getting mad.

Seriously, when is it going to END?

The newest one is that my father is in the hospital with pneumonia. Boy, is that a scary thing. You hear so many times, a person going into the hospital with it and not coming out. When it is your parent, it just scares you even more. I am not ready to lose one of my parents and I hope God isn't ready to take one of them Home just yet. :( Sometimes, this is part that is so hard to be human. My faith should be stronger - is something that someone may say. But, I just haven't had the time to sit and reflect and pray. I need the time, but when and how do I get it now?
I am very thankful that he is improving slowly. He is still on oxygen, but he is gaining some strength back.

I know there are people who are hurting worse than I am and I should be thankful for the good. I really am thankful, but at the same time I need time to digest this situation. This is one of many that have occurred in the last 5 months that the girls have been home. I really need time to think, reflect, and pray.

My prayer for tonight:

Dear Heavenly Father, I ask that you stay in the center of our lives. Lord, give us strength to face these bumps in the road. Help us to make the right decisions with the Blessings you are going to give us. Lord, thank you for everyone who shows love towards us and help us to continue to show love towards them. I ask you Lord to help my dad with his recovery. Lord, give him and my mom strength to fight this infection. I also ask you Lord, to keep Leigh Ann safe as she travels home tomorrow from Ghana. Lord, wrap your arms around Akwesi for his comfort as he says goodbye to Leigh Ann. Continue to show him that You planned his life and how special he is to be a part of our family. Lord, I love you and pray these prayers in your name, Amen.

Chalene

3 comments:

Heather said...

Chalene, I'm so sorry that your father is ill. Pneumonia in older people doesn't have to be fatal. I encourage you to be an advocate for your father, ask questions of the doctors, and be prepaired to argue if you don't like what you hear.

In the meantime, I want you to know that you, your dad, and the rest of your family are in our daily prayers. I'm praying for your dad to regain his strenght and health, and for you to gain the peace and strenght that you need to help him fight.

Much love, Heather A

Kristin said...

Chalene, you and your family are in my prayers!

Daron has really enjoyed getting to know 'Ann" as he calls her. I know he was really thankful that she was there with him for part of the trip!

Amy said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad Chalene. I'll be praying for your family... Hopefully he will get well soon.

Amy Fabu