Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What a Day!

Last night as I sat and watched the election, a deep sadness filled our house. Both Jarett and I really believed and wanted McCain to win the election. He stands for so many things that we believe. Do we completely agree with every word he said? No. But his values are the same as ours.

We just believe that values are there for a reason. They aren't there to bend! I think because I have been the classroom for 14 + years, I have seen children grow up and become adults. I have seen a difference with the homes of children that have values that are black and white and homes of children where values are bent. Big Difference!

This has been such a great election. Jarett and I have learned so much and really got involved. We even got emotionally involved. This was our first true election that we knew exactly why we chose who we chose. We believe our choice was a good one and we don't have one regret except, our man didn't get picked. :) I knew deep down that Obama would win. He reminded me so much of Clinton and how he ran his campaign. I have to say that I do like what Clinton did in office (except the you know what. I hope that Obama will go into office on January 20 and do what he has promised so many people.

I do see some good in Elect President Obama. I am glad that he is the first African American to be in such a high office. He gave an awesome speech and I hope he means every word he says because he is holding such a high position to go back on his word. I don't trust him, but I do trust God. I trust that God will lead and protect all of us.

****Thank you John McCain for giving such a good fight for office. Thank you for your love of our country and for trying to pass on your dream onto us Americans! You ended this journey with grace and integrity. Thank you for showing others how to loose a battle and still come out with your head held high. You worked hard and I hope you don't stop working for us.

True American Lover,
Chalene

Thank you in advance for commenting respectfully if needed! :)

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Yea ... finally another family that voted as we did. I am so completely shocked and saddened by all of the blogs that I read where Christians have not seen a problem with supporting Obama.

I, too, do not trust Obama; but I do trust the Lord. He is our only Hope and our Strength in difficult times (which I believe are headed this way ... much worse than things already are).

Blessings,

Laurel :)

Sue said...

I too, am saddened that McCain did not win. As Christians, my husband and I knew that McCain was the only option for us in this election.

But I tell myself we are not to fear but to trust the Lord.

Sue~