Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pictures are IN

These are the pictures from the girls' first birthday party. We kept the party simple for them compared to what we usually do. They didn't quite understand what was going on, but we wanted them to have fun. So we rented a princess bounce house, ate pizza, and just had fun.



We really wanted them to have separate birthday songs and cake. So Costco was wonderful by allowing us to buy one cake and they split it into 2 separate cakes. Each cake had their own saying and we sang happy birthday to each of them. I think with twins (at least with us) we tend to see them as one, so I wanted to make sure they had their own special time to celebrate turning 9 years old.




I love birthdays. I love to celebrate the day that the Lord chose for that person to come into this world and join a chosen family. That is why I love Christmas. Birthdays are such a sign of God's amazing moments. Although, as the children get older, we are scaling down the parties; not the celelbration.

I love it when the girls' say, "Mommy, remember when.....". This will be something that will add to their memories and I can't wait until they say, "Mommy, remember when we had the birthday party with the princess house.". Oh, how my heart will melt! :)

Happy Birthday Baby Girls!

4 comments:

Heather said...

So awesome to see the AZ Ghana network of kids all celebrating your girls together! I'm so jealous!!!

And the princess bounce house looks like so much fun. My girls would be crazy for that thing!

Robin Dodd Photography said...

HOW GREAT!!!!!!! I love seeing all the kids together.. SO neat.

Kristin said...

LOVED seeing the pictures; thanks for sharing! I was wondering though....if you played it low key this year with a bounce house, what are your birthday parties normally like?

Super cool to see so many Eban faces together!

Chalene said...

I usually go crazy with birthday parties. We usually go somewhere and invite 20-25 kiddos or when we have it at our house, I usually do the some type of bounce house, organized games with prizes, more food to eat, and goodie bags to go home. We are doing the money make over, so we just did the bounce house, pizza with cake and ice cream. I didn't do the goodie bags or games with prizes. We also only invited 15 kiddos, instead of 20-25. The great part about it is everything is cut in half because we usually do 1 person's birthday party. This time we did 2 for half the price of actually 1. We have 2 birthday parties in April and their's will be smaller than the twins. We are learning to do things at a smaller scale. :)