Saturday, September 4, 2010

God DID IT

When we decided to begin this adoption, Jarett was concerned with how we were going to do this because we don't have the money. Meaning, we didn't plan this so we didn't have a savings started for it. We could save for it but it would take a long time to gather the funds. D is already 12 years old and soon to be 13 so we want to get her home as quickly as we can. Plus, she has been separated from her sisters for 3 years now. Well, I told Jarett that if this was really God's plan for us, He would provide the money.

HE DID IT!

With our first order of the candle sales, we made enough money to pay for the home study and have a little extra left over. We are going to put the extra money towards the lawyer fees now (that's our next challenge besides plane tickets).

You think you have faith until you really run into a challenge and then your faith is tested. Both Jarett and I have failed this test. I started off strong with faith knowing God would provide for this adoption. He always has but as I think of all the things we need to pay for, I begin to doubt.....how are we going to do this next stage? I wonder sometimes if this is Satan putting those doubts into my head. I just have to keep my eyes forward knowing God is going to get us to the next phase and that this is all in His timing.

I do have to say that involving the children in the candle sales was such an amazing experience for them. It made them feel so involved in this adoption process. When we adopted the twins, our biological children would say "When YOU adopt the twins......". Now the children, including the twins, say "When WE adopt D.....". They have ownership in this adoption. I think it will make the transition of when D comes home so much more meaningful. We also have a Chick-Fil-A night set up and they are so excited for it. I think God is really proud of them to have the compassion for this adoption. I know Jarett and I are very proud of them!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Praise the LORD!!!

Heather said...

That is just so incredible! God is good!