Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Get to write some CHECKS

I have gotten so much done this week. On Monday, we got the email with the application, medical forms to be filled out, reference information, etc. Within 2 days, I was able to get Jarett and myself to the doctors office and they filled out the forms while being examined. I got all the information completed. We went today to get our fingerprints done for the background check. Here in Arizona, we have to go to court to get certified to adopt. So we also paid those fees and signed those papers.

I am in shock as to how fast this is all going. I know at some point we will slow down a lot and will be waiting but I definitely didn't think this fast.

Sometimes I think that I am waiting for the ball to fall and hit me. Like...what was I thinking with falling in love with a little girl and trying to adopt her. I usually don't think about the glass being half full but this is happening so fast and there has been so much support from family and friends - there has to be something wrong, right? Maybe this is Satan putting these thoughts in my head. Nothing usually goes as smooth as this part has so I am a little leery.

On a side note, I had a friend today say she wants to go to Africa with me on one of the trips. Woo Hoo! I will have a buddy!!!! I am actually excited if she ends up going because then I can show off how awesome Ghana is!! :)

So now, we are almost ready for our home visit. I think everything is turned in but who knows if I have forgotten anything. I can't wait for that visit because we really like and admire our social worker. Plus it will be great for her to see how well everyone is doing. That's the exciting part for someone to see how we started and now she gets to see how we do this again!!

No comments: