Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Passion to "Just Do It"

I believe to make a passion come alive you must act first, think later. I truely believe that if you stop to think things through, then you can actually let life happenings skip over your passions. This happened to me about 5-6 years ago. I had a church friend of mine, write out emails to everyone she knew asking for them to see if they would get tested to be a match for a bone marrow transplant that she needed. I thought about it for a while. I got the information and life happenings just happened. I spent too much time, thinking "I'll do it tomorrow". Well, three weeks later, she passed away. She left 2 children and her husband behind. My passion for helping someone got skipped over because I allowed my life happenings come first before helping her. This is something that has laid on my heart for a long time.
As my relationship gets stronger and closer to God, I realize that He never would "think" first to help someone out. He just did it! I try every day to be more and more like Him. Now, I don't think about helping someone out, I just do it! I have asked God for opportunities to show my passion of helping like He would and did. He has given me those opportunities and I am so thankful He has. I possiblity have the opportunity to help someone out with being a donor and I am not thinking this time, I am doing it! This is what Jesus would do, so I will do it too! This one is for your Lord! :0)

3 comments:

Wakusalala said...

Hi,
am trying to figure out how to do this on your blog

Wakusalala said...

A couple of hours after we had lunch last sunday I had the priviledge of listening to Jim's testimony at College group and I was so inspiring by it and after I read your blog I remembered I needed to tell you something.
God has given us different passions in life and most of the times we don't really pursue them, we do procastinate and you didn't do that.... you went all the way after it.
Chalene, it is not everyday I meet people like you, you are so fun, your laughter is contagious, and thank God for your sweet spirit and your love for other people. I have to thank you for giving Rita and Rhachel a place to call home and family that loves them. Often things like this we do overlook and we dont stop to say Thank you or we appreciate that... I have to say you're well appreciated and Thank you for living out your FAITH, and for your love for other people. I am so glad you came on the Africa Trip last summer with us and I got to know an incredible person...you.
Have a Wonderful and Blessed week!

The Hermyzoo! said...

Wow what a fantastic post. I think this is so true, when you are inspired, uplifted, or guided whatever we want to call it is always best to act first, however not always the easiest. I also love offering service but also have found to not always think of how it will affect me but instead how it will help someone else and I often find I am blessed in the process or that's truly what I needed for my own happiness. Thanks so much for sharing I really enjoyed! please keep us posted on the details