Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yes, it's True

I am still waiting to hear about our adoption decree being completed and picked up. I have more than enough to do to keep me busy, but it's the times when I am settled down that I really miss the girls. I think about what am I going to say to them the first time I am face to face. I am trying to be prepared, but really how do you prepare yourself for this amazing moment in your life? Do I really need to say anything to them? Maybe crying, hugging, and kissing them is all that needs to happen in "that" moment. I wonder what they will say to me in "their" moment.

Adoption is very much like giving birth. You have to wait, wait, wait, and wait some more. You do get to eat anything you would like. LOL You have to prepare a room, get supplies, and prepare your family for the new edition(s). You still go through "nesting". Boy, I have been at this stage for about 3 months! :0) The best part that is like giving birth is......it's a Blessing from God. He is trusting us to love and care for His children. Sometimes it can be scary, because why us? But then I think . . . . why not us? We have the dedication, love, and support to give any child the opportunity to grow up and be successful in his/her life. So, then I change my "why us" to "Thank you for letting it be us".

Adoption is truely an amazing life long journey! I am glad to be apart of it! :0)

Chalene

1 comment:

These Three Kings said...

Hi! so excited about your journey and I will be praying for you all
so glad I found your blog (via blogs for a cause)