Monday, April 21, 2008

One of my Passions



Here they are: Rita and Richeal Baxter. As of Thursday, April 17, 2008, they are officially and legally ours. This picture is a picture that was taken of them the first day they arrived at the Eban Home. I will get more current pictures in a day or two. I am still figuring out this blog stuff. :0)


One of my passions is to make sure to love everyone. I really didn't understand the feeling of loving someone that wasn't born from me. That sounds really weird, but the day that we excepted them as our referral, was the day I loved them with all my heart. I have only met them through a web cam experience, but it was just like if they were in our living room. I love these two beautiful and precious girls just as if they were my biological children.


What's next for our journey?


Well, we are waiting for our adoption decree and the phone call that will come with it. This phone call will be the green light to schedule our flight over to Ghana. I am so excited that it's so hard to wait. I do still have a lot to do, so time will fly by pretty fast.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yea! Welcome to blogging! I can't believe how shy and small the girls look in that picture! They have come so far!
I can't wait to meet them!

Jennine

Kristin said...

Congratulations! Way to go on the blogging too! I can't wait to get updates when you are over there.
Kristin

The Hermyzoo! said...

I am so excited to have received a link to your blog. What wonderful adoption journey you are on. How exciting to know how close you are to your girls. I hope that things will go quickly and you will be able to hold them in your arms real soon, they are precious! CONGRATULATIONS