Sunday, February 1, 2009

Welcome Home Akwasi!


I have been so excited this weekend, especially yesterday. Akwasi, my new nephew, came home from Ghana.

Story in a nutshell:
My sister went with me on both of my trips to Ghana for the adoption of our twin girls. Well, this little boy, found himself loving my sister. She definitely did not go to Ghana to adopt, but God had other plans for her. Anyway, the last 2 days there on our first trip, Akwasi came up to LA and said with a huge unforgetable smile, "I choose you to be my mother" and "I am going to follow you to America". Boy, did he grab her heart.

The odds were against them from becoming a family, but God did it all!

Below are pictures of the homecoming!

Here they come!!!!


Yeah - they are finally here!


Mother and Son finally together!

A hug from Grandma!


It was so fun to watch Akwasi with Rita and Racheal. It seemed like they were never separate.

Kaiden and Akwasi really got along really well.


After we picked them up, we out to eat at Chilli's. It was so fun to see how Akwasi just completely fit in with our family. It has been such a wonderful and Blessed weekend.

Welcome Home Akwasi!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! I had NO idea Akwasi was on his way home! Congratulations to all of you!!!!! I swear, he looks a full foot taller than the last time I saw him! Please tell him "Hi" and "Welcome home" from all of us Chalene. :)

Fabu

Laurel said...

That is AWESOME!!!

Laurel :)

cami said...

Just beautiful! You have me in tears. Congratulations to your family and to your sister!

Robin Dodd Photography said...

HURRAY!!!! I can't wait to see you guys!!! SOmeday!! Oh I loved Akwasi...

Heather said...

Woohoooooo!!!! Such a blessing for Akwasi and your girls to have one another. Your sisters journey to her son is such an incredible one. Welcome home Titi and Akwasi.

Zimmerman family said...

Welcome home Akwasi!!!
Hugs from Victoria and her mom Hilda