Sunday, August 22, 2010

Table for 8

I am thinking of changing our blog's title to "Table for 8". As I have been thinking of changing the title, just because we are going to be a family of 8 someday. There is a small story that helped me to come up with this new title.

About 6 months after the girls came home, we bought a kitchen table from one of my mom's friends. It just so happens to fit 8 people. I remember one time when we were sitting at the table and there was an empty chair. I immediately said to everyone, "There's an empty chair. I wonder what that means". Of course, Jarett politely said, "It means we have an extra chair for when the children have a friend over". I laughed and then added, "We should just adopt another child so we can be an even number and then all the chairs will be filled". The boys chimed in and said "Yes, we should get another boy, so it's even". It was a funny conversation. I didn't really think we would be in this situation again, with adopting another child. I was/am so comfortable and satisfied with the family we have now. I think that's what makes this such a "God" story. We have closed this door before, but for some reason God opened our hearts to it. I am so thankful and grateful that He did.

We got to talk to D Saturday morning and just hearing her voice and seeing the happiness and excitement on the childrens' face was AMAZING! R and R were so excited to talk to her. It was like they were nervous but excited at the same time. I can't wait for the day, they get to hug her. I think I will be a sobbing mess on that day. I just know that bringing these 3 back together again is what God wants us to do. When I heard D's sweet voice, it completely confirmed we are doing this and this is THE RIGHT decision for us.

On a side note, one of our special family friends moved to China about 2 months ago for a year. Well, they sold their Expedition to us right as they were leaving the country. This car is huge and seats 8 people. Who would have known that this car is exactly what we needed. I am tell you. . . . . this is a God story.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Perfect name for the blog... glad to see you are writing again!