Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We are on our Way!!

We started our first fund raiser today....Gold Canyon Candles. The kids are involved and helping out by asking their teachers and adults they know. It was so cute that Karson came to me tonight and said, "Mom, I sold 5 candles". I love it! I love the fact that he is so involved and the smile on his face knowing he is helping is so worth it! Kaiden is tomorrow and now it's a competition. Each child is taking a day. It's really cool to listen to them talk about this and refer to helping to being home D. We need to raise about $2000 for this very first part of the process. I think if we can get that then we can do the rest as time goes on.

I pulled out all of our adoption paperwork last night. OMW! I forgot all the things we did and all the paperwork we did to adopt the twins. It's like having a baby....you forget all the weight gain, swelling, heartburn and delivery. With the adoption....you forget all the fingerprinting, home visits, paper chasing, mailing, and delivery. I do have to say the delivery is the best part of both!!!!

I want so badly to meet D and give her a big hug! I know this is going to be a long process so God is definitely going to need to work on our patience.

No comments: