Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ghana go to School

Well, this was the week of everyone going back to school. I was really prepared for Rita and Racheal to be nervous going to school. Actually, I thought Racheal would be the one who would go kicking and screaming. Nothing....Nothing....happened! All of the kids just went on their marry way. I am sure everyone was a little nervous. We all are, even teachers.


School for Rita and Racheal is completely different than what they are used to. Here are somethings that are different for them:

* School is 6.5 hours long compared to 3 hours
* They eat lunch at school
* No naps (except Rita tried on Tuesday)
* Lots of friends (not only in your classroom)
* Man as a teacher
* No caning
* Lots of fun
* They have their own desk
* Cold in the classroom
* They get to see Mommy throughout the day
* Auntie Mary is their Librarian


I went back to work the week before this past week. The girls had a hard time with it, but did do better by the end of the week. Jennine called me and offered her hair assistance. She took a hair class on Saturday and learned how to do the flat and double twist. This was something that I really wanted to learn. I was unable to go to the class with her, but she brought the class to me. She came over and we worked on the girls' hair for 4 hours. Well, I kept going with Rita's hair and ended 5 hours. Karleigh joined in and learned how to do with me. She was so awesome! She sat and helped me finish Racheal's hair. She did a fabulous job! It was really cute, when she asked me to do her hair. Karleigh NEVER asks me to do her hair, so when the question came up, I jumped on it!

Karleigh sometimes gets frustrated being the older sister because Rita and Racheal just adore her. But, Karleigh sure does step in right away to help them. Below is a "girl's night with Hannah Montana". Karleigh introduced the girls to Hannah Montana. Now, they are in love with her. I got them each a poster of Miss Hannah and they love it. Below is a picture of them watching the show with their 3D glasses.

I love the girls' teacher....Mr. Gray. He is the type of teacher that laughs with and at the children. Rita and Racheal can make you laugh so hard that you will be rolling on the floor. Mr. Gray shared with me how they drew a picture of our whole family. That really means a lot to me because sometimes I think they don't quite understand what has occured in their life. I pray as they get older, God will give them peace about being apart of our family. They are our daughters and not vacationers. They will forever be ours! It is going to have to come from him, to help them understand what major change has happened in their life. They are lucky that they remember where they came from, who they came from, and what they left behind. I know other adoptees don't have that understanding or memory. So I am thankful that they have it to hold on to. Well, that was off topic....back on.

Karleigh looks so much older to me. I see her with her sixth grade teacher, Mrs. Evans, and she looks so much taller and older. I get really sad that she is growing up so fast. I feel like sometimes, I am missing out. I think I just miss her. I miss her little curls, playing with Barbies, and her sitting in my arms drinking her bottle. Now, she cooks, plays her viola, and paints her nails. Oh, how time flies!

The boys are adjusting to school and life really well. Kaiden has Miss Gonnerman. This is the year that he will be excepting more responsiblity. He is so funny and I absolutely love his humor. I can't wait to see him continue to grow. Karson has Mrs. Potts for 2nd grade. He is doing really well. She has more structure, which is great for him. He is very successful in that type of enviroment. I want him to continue to succeed. He has grown the most out of everyone. He is so tall. He reminds me everyday of my Grandpa Murphy. I don't know exactly what it is, but I see my grandfather in him.

Other news in our house.....

Our Sweety (guniea pig) is pregnant. She is literally due any day now. She is so incredibly huge. She looks like she is so uncomfortable. Everyday, we wake up hoping for 2-3 surprises. We counted the days but still nothing so far. Our thought is she can't hold them in forever, so it has to be soon.



Ending our first Week of School and our first month together as a family of 7!
Chalene

1 comment:

Jen said...

They are doing so GREAT! I love those girls so much! How sweet do they look on the first day all dressed and ready to go?!! I love it!!
I had so much fun coming over to help get them ready! Thanks for letting me help...
Jennine