Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Twin Power

Twin Power is very POWERFUL!

The girls have such a strong bond between them. They help each other with tasting food. "Is it sweet?" ....."Yes, it's sweet"......"OK then"

They like their hair done the same way.

They drink at the same time.

They wake up at the same time (7:45 WOO HOO).

They watch the same shows.

They speak Ghan at the same time.

They do the #2 one after another (gross but true).

The funniest thing with them and their "twin power" is that they tell stories about their past at the same time. One will begin the story and the other will finish the other's sentences. They also both laugh at the same place when telling the story.

Some of their stories are really cute and some are a little disturbing. But, this is their story and their memory. I wonder sometimes if some of the things they tell me are true. But, when you listen to them tell it and both are saying the same thing (literally at the same time) then you have to believe it is true in their minds. Some of the stories are 8 year interpretation of what has happened so far in their life. But again, it's their story and memory.

In a group that I am in there has been talk about whether or not to adopt an older child and whether to adopt one or more children. In my opinion, it is completely up to what the family can handle. I strongly believe that God knows that for each family that is considering adoption. We began our adoption journey with one child in mind. God thought different and layed on our hearts for two children. In my mind, I thought I was going insane to add two more children to our family. Jarett was the one who convinced me to open up to two children. He really believed that the twins (Rita and Racheal) would be perfect for our family. I had to trust him and God that they both knew what we were doing. So, if you are deciding on adopting and having figured out what God would want for you, then take extra quiet time with Him and He will let you know.

God has given us the TWIN POWER and the FUN that comes along with it! :0)

Chalene

4 comments:

Heather said...

Great post on the blessings of two Chalene! I just love your girls and check here obsessively to see how they are doing!

Amy said...

Thanks for this lovely post Chalene. I am SO looking forward to experiencing Twin Power in my own family!

And I agree with you completely... when I am quiet and with God I feel like He has brought our family exactly where we are meant to be. Sometimes I forget and get worried, but I am making a commitment to remember to go to Him when I feel those worries creeping back in. :)

I love hearing about your girls- it just tickles me pink!

Fabu

angel73 said...

Yay for twin power! God has blessed you greatly with those beautiful twin girls. I really enjoyed meeting Rita and Racheal. I loved hearing them sing and watching them dance. It is clear they love their family very much. It was fun to see Rita point to your family pictures and say, "That is my mommy, that is daddy, that is my sister and those are my brothers." Very cute! Oh and I loved the puffs and watching you do them.

Ama said...

i dont understand what is happening in Ghana now. the only adoption agency in the country is THE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WELFARE. private adoption agencies are not permmitted in Ghana but they are working there. And the rate of foreign adoptions is alarming.
isnt there some polished child trafficking going on? Who are involved?