Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bumps in the Road



I strongly believe that "bumps in the road" to anything you are trying to accomplish in life is a chance to grow spiritually. We have had some of these bumps happen during this adoption process that has definitely strengthen us spiritually. I believe that Satan is not happy with us because we are serving God by loving 2 beautiful girls that He has given us. Rita and Richeal! I was thinking how amazing God is to allow us to LOVE these girls unconditionally, just as if they were our biological daughters. I was so overwhelmed with high emotions and anxiety the last day I was in Ghana. I knew the day would come that I would have to say good-bye for now and that seemed to be the hardest thing I had to do as a mother. I tried so hard to keep it together but I lost it several times. How do you keep it together saying good-bye to your daughters who want so badly to come home with you and you wanting them to come home just as badly? It was hard but it was something that now I see has strengthen me more. I know the next time I see and hug them then it's for real that they will leave with me to join our family.

Gettting back to the bumps in the road - we got the phone call today that God has answered our prayer last night with our agency getting the death certificate for our daughter's biological father. This is the document we needed to finish our file for our I-600 approval. I really didn't worry about it, but every night I talk to God and I just happened to ask if He would continue to be in the center of this process. Well, He did it! This of course strengthened me more today.

5 comments:

A. Gillispie said...

Chalene, I don't know if I'm just extra emotional right now or what, but seeing the pics of you with the girls on your blog made me tear up. It is just such a beautiful vision of love. They will be blessed to call you mommy, just as I know you already feel blessed to call them your daughters.
Anita

Kristin said...

Amen!!!

Amy said...

I second that emotion!

Fabu

P.S. You are all so incredible together- amazing! I am SOOO happy for you!

Renee said...

What beautiful PICS!!!

We can't wait until your girls are home!!! Praying !!!!

Heather said...

Yeah... praises all around! Those are my very favorite pictures of you and the girls. We are praying for very speedy I600 approval and visas!

Heather S