Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm Here!

God is so amazing! That was my first thought being on the airplane, going to my hotel, and meeting my daughters for the first time! I anticipated the first meeting to be very slow to and warming up to me. It was not like that at all. They walked through the door (after being woken up) and came to me right away. I hugged and kissed them. They told me they were so happy to see me. It was as if I have known them all their life. WOW - it was amazing!

Today I got to see them and all the children in the Eban House. All the children were in school. It was fun to watch them color and write their names. The childre were so sweet and excited to share their pictures with us. Their teacher is so wonderful with them. I also went to the Embassy to file the I-600. It went very smoothly. There is one piece of document that is possibly needed for my file. I am praying that they will except what I brought them. Please pray that God with the papers and let the I-600 to be approved. The twins want to come home so bad. Richeal is the one that keeps telling me that she wants to come to our house. She actually said after dinner and then she changed her mind to coming home on Friday. LOL She really needs to come home and be us as a family. She is so excited and goes around telling everyone she has 2 dogs and 3 cats. They are learning the names of their brothers and sister. They call Leigh Ann - TT (just like everyone else). They really like her also.

It is so neat to see Leigh Ann be out of her comfort zone. All the kiddos in the home sit on her lap, want her to hold them, play with her hair, touch her skin, and sit next to her. She looks and acts very natural with all the children. They just love her.

We gave out 10 welcome bags to the children that have families here in America. It was so exciting to watch them get so excited to see pictures of their families. They went around and show everyone their pictures. They are such a great group of kiddos in this home. They are so respectful and loving. Every family did so good with excepting their newest memebers. I will try to post tomorrow. We are playing on putting the vinyle sayings on the walls and taking pictures of everyone to tape to the wall. They are excited. I am going to go to bed now since we get woken up by a wonderful voice telling us that breakfast is ready. I thought at first we were going to rough it, but the staff at this hotel is so wonderful. I will definitely use them again. :0)

On Cloud Nine!
Chalene

3 comments:

Kristin said...

So happy for you, Chalene, that you got to finally hug your little girls! I pray that all the paperwork goes smoothly for you and you have a quick turn a round.

Amy said...

How wonderful to have such a great reception from you girls! It must have felt incredible!!! I will pray for your paperwork to all go the way you hope it will!

I can't thank you enough for your wonderful posts to the group today about all the kids, and BLESS you for taking the time to share some tidbits about mine. You are such a giving soul Chalene!

Fabu

angel73 said...

Hi Chalene,
I am so excited for you! How incredible it must be to hug and kiss your girls for the first time.I am praying for you and thinking of you. I will pray that your paperwork goes smoothly. Have fun in Africa with your girls and your sister.
Love,
Angel