Saturday, May 17, 2008

Why Haven't I Packed Yet?

Well, it's one full day left to pack to meet our daughters for the first time. It's such an important event to get ready for. Why haven't I packed yet? I have been doing everything else BUT packing. I am teacher to third graders. I love my class this year. The students have worked so hard, which is great because I have really pushed them to their limits. I want to make sure everything is perfect for them to end the year. I want them to know that even though I am not there physically, I am there for them. I had to plan their last full week and boy was that a job. I had to finish their report cards. I had to clean the classroom. The "I had to..." list keeps going. So, today is the day I had to take a nap, play with my children, love my animals, and just plain rest.

Tomorrow I will pack! :0)

Chalene

4 comments:

Heather said...

Chalene,
As I like to say, "if you wait until the last minute to do something, it never takes more than a minute to do!". Have a very blessed time, and love on my babies a ton!
Heather Sears

Amy said...

Chalene,

I hope you enjoy your day today and the packing isn't too bad! After all, what else could you possibly have room for besides all those welcome bags? Maybe a change of undergarments, if you're lucky! ;)

I will be thinking of you SO often over the next stretch and praying your journey is blessed! And like Heather, might I request a few hugs for my babies too? Oh, what it must feel like to know you will be with Rita and Richeal tomorrow!!!!

Happy travels,
Amy Fabu

Kristin said...

You sound like such an amazing teacher toP be thinking of the kiddos so much during all of this! If everyone could be so lucky. I am sure you got all the packing done and now we wait to hear about your adventure! Blessings,
Kristin Jag
(PS-back in the day, I taught 3rd grade before having kids-love it!!)

Kristin said...

That was really funny, it took me three times to pass the word verification to get my comment up. Good thing I am not teaching 3rd grade any longer and I should probably take a few classes myself!