Friday, June 27, 2008

Eventful Day

Today was such an eventful day! The girls slept in until 6:45 (WOO-HOO). We got to the Eban House aroung 9:30 or so. The girls went to school and we painted. Muna also painted with us. She told us that she loves to paint. We painted the hallway a cream color. It is really pretty. It took us about 3-4 hours because we had to do 2-3 coats. The children wrote on the walls and it was harder to cover it up, so we did more coats. The girls "took" a nap at the House. We were still painting so I thought they could join the group and slow down a bit. Well, nap time was very fun to watch the older children who didn't want to take a nap. More of the story to come later.

We then went to the Palm Hotel to take the girls swimming. The is the hotel that Jennine stayed at with Selina. All I can say is OMG! It is beautiful and so much fun for families. It is just how Jennine discribed it "a little America". The girls were so excited to swim. They got into the pool and say on the steps. They splashed around. They finally got the courage to let us hold them to take them into the water further into the pool. They screamed while laughing! Rita was the one who did the first under the water with her face. Racheal saw and did it too. It was so fun to watch them be in the pool. They absolutely loved it. By the end of the 2 1/2 hours of swimming, the girls have learned how to go under water by themselves. Rita is almost about to swim. She is right there! We are planning on going all day Sunday. They have a place to eat lunch and get ice cream. You can also get to the beach out of their gate. So we will spend most of the day there. It cost $10 per adult and $5 per child. It is so worth it because the girls had a BLAST! I wish I would have experienced this on the first trip then I would have saved up more money to have a couple of days there for the girls. But that is ok since we love our guesthouse we are at. They are so awesome with the girls and they make us our meals.

Tomorrow we are going shopping and have our last couple of hours at the Eban House. Leigh Ann would like to her soon to be little boy one more time to say "good - bye!" That is going to be so hard since he has cried the last couple of times we left the House. I hope and pray that he will trust her and know she will do whatever it takes to bring him home. He needs so much love and one on one. I especially can't wait for my sister to be a full time parent - she has her work cut out for her - Ha-Ha! :0)

The girls are asleep so I have some extra time to get caught up on emails. We only have 2 more days until we leave. I am ready to be a little more into my own routines and I miss my kiddos so much!

Hi Baby Girl (Karleigh)
Hi Big Boy (Kaiden)
Hi Karson-Warson
Hi Hun
I miss you all so much. We can't wait to come home! See you Monday night!

Chalene

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am so happy you made it to "mini America" I hope you have a blast there on Sunday! Their iced tea is good (I was so wanting a glass after over three weeks without it!). I did get Selina something from the Ghanian Restaurant by the beach as her last "official Ghanian meal" She loved the banku there- the portions are huge on whatever you get so you can have the girls split something easily!
If you see Christina at the guest relations counter- tell her that the obruni with Selina says "hello and that Selina is doing great". She was so kind to us as well as most of the girls at the reservation counter. I so loved it there!!!

Jennine

TLM said...

Sounds like your trip has been awesome! What an experience for all of you. I'd like to share a little story with you. You can e-mail me at tanyalively at hotmail dot com.

Grace,
Tanya