Sunday, June 29, 2008

Last Day in Ghana

Today for our last day here in Ghana was relaxing and fun. We went to the La Palm Beach Hotel (mini America). I absolutely LOVE this place. It is very expensive but so worth the money. We got there around 10:30 and left at 4:30. The girls swam literally all day. They got to the point of kicking and moving their arms in the water. They are now offically swimmers. :0) The only time they got out of the pool was to eat. It was an awesome day because there were so many children playing in the pool. The girls were not shy to make friends. They all played together very well. There were all different ethnic groups of people so it was fun for them to play with all types of people. There was a guy with his family and Rita said "That man looks like daddy". It was sweet. The girls really can't wait to meet everyone. They are so excited to leave and come to America.

I do think we allowed them to swim way to much. It was difficult getting them out and boy, were tantrums coming out of the wood work. So far, it has been one girl at a time with a little tantrum. Today it was both and it was harder. They are pushing to see how far they can go. They are quickly learning "not far" at all with me. I reinforce how much I love them, but I won't allow them to run away or throw themselves on the floor. As soon as I say that, they are ok. So I think they are testing and see where the boundaries are and also seeing if I still love them. The minute I express I love them, they calm right down. So............

We ate FUFU today for dinner. This has been my least favorite thing to eat. It was hard to eat but I got enough down to last until tomorrow.

Well this will be my last post until we are HOME FOREVER! I will post pictures as soon as I can.

Please keep us in your prayers for the safe flight home.

Chalene

3 comments:

TLM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TLM said...

Welcome Home! I hope your trip was amazing. The plane ride home was such an experience for Philip and I. Everything was new and required an explaination. Don't forget to get in touch with me. I met your girls last October and I just wanted to share a tiny story with you.

Grace,
Tanya

Unknown said...

FUFU? What is that? It sounds light and airy, like a big pink marshmallow.

I cannot wait to meet the girls. Get those attitudes in check! ;)