Friday, June 6, 2008

Taking Custody


Today we got an email about how soon we could take custody of our daughters. I get to take FULL custody right away from when I arrive there (as long as I have the I-600 approval). I am very excited and can't wait since the girls kept asking me to go with me when I was there the first time. They are more than ready and so are we. I am hoping to find a hotel that has a pool and is close to shopping, eating and the beach. I am looking for PARADISE! I should be able to find something like that!





June 23 is the day my sister and I are off again to Ghana, Africa. As long as everything goes well, we will be home on July 1st at 11:30 at night. This is going to be a hard time to come in but it is what is available at a good deal. We will all definitely be tired the next day but that's ok because we are just going to relax and bond as a family.

I went shopping the other day for the twins. I have been holding off because I really didn't know what to buy them. I didn't know their sizes for clothes or shoes. I didn't know what type of toys they would like, so I have held off until now. My class chipped in an gave me gift cards and money for the twins. This was amazing since we are pretty much broke at this point. :0) I bought the girls underwear, shoes, socks, PJ's, some outfits, and some toys. It was really fun to shop for them because now I feel like I know them enough to know what they would like. I did find a cute shirt that has the United States on the front of it. I am saviing that one for the plane ride home. :0)



Chalene

3 comments:

Heather said...

AAAH!! It's really happening! You are bringing those baby girls home, and you will be a family of 7. How could you ever ask for more?

Amy said...

Miss Chalene,

How exciting! I'm sure the 23rd can't come fast enough... and next week is going to be your week! :)

Fabu

Laurel said...

Our kids first meeting with their siblings was at almost midnight at the Seattle airport ... after 20+ hours of travel from Accra ... but the timing didn't matter at all. We were family ... we were together ... life was good!

Luggage was lost ... it didn't matter. Kids were tired and cold ... it didn't matter. We still had a 2 hour drive home (after trying to find luggage for an hour) ... it didn't matter. After 6 weeks in Ghana ... we were all home ... our family was together ... life was good.

Blessings,

Laurel :)