Monday, June 16, 2008

Sir-really?



Sometimes I look back at this journey and ask God, "Sir, really this is happening?". I do that because about a year and a half ago, we really didn't belong to a church and our faith was in a "still" moment. We had been like this for about 2-3 years. Jarett and I are believers but we were in a time where we weren't connected to a church. We belonged to one church for about ten years but we were changing in a direction where our church wasn't. We felt we weren't connect in any way to our church. I am not sure why that happened. We did continue to attend our first church but we were just doing the motion not really engaged.

We attended our now "home" church, The Grove. On the second time we went to service there, they were talking about mission trips to Africa. There was one trip that spoke to me, Malawi. This was a trip that was working with children in orphanages and feeding programs. I remember sitting in the chair and talking to God about this trip. He told me to go. I did and now look where our family is: we are adopting 2 twin girls. Jarett and I have 2 new daughters and Karleigh, Kaiden, and Karson have 2 new sisters. I knew in my head that if you listen to God and do what He calls you to do, then He will bless you in a way you never thought. Now I know in my heart exactly what that means. Both Jarett and I love these two girls unconditionally. The love we have for them is unbelievable! God has Blessed us in a very "surreal" way!

Below is a picture of the girls' room (well one wall) half painted. We are going to work on the rest this week.



This is a picture of their bedding that I have talked about.


This is a picture of the type of butterfly that Jarett is going to paint on their wall. It will all come together.



6 more days until I leave to bring Rita and Richeal HOME FOREVER!

Chalene

2 comments:

Amy said...

Miss Chalene,

I really enjoyed this post- the picture of you preparing for your girls in my head is a lovely one! And I adore the bedding- so cute! :)

Thanks for your recent comment on my blog too- been a bit of a roller coaster... hopefully the rest will all be thrills and no chills! ;)

I am thinking of you a lot this week and can't wait to here you are home safe and sound with your girls!

Fabu

Kristin said...

So excited for you over here! I loved seeing what are planning for the girls room- only a few more days!!!