Thursday, June 26, 2008

God's Miracles Today

Today was a day full of miracles that only God could have provided for us. Here they are:
* My sister has fallen in love with one of the boys at Eban House on her first trip. She is single and in the Ghanian law, they won't let single women adopt. Well, we met with this lady at Social Welfare today. We all went (me, the girls, the boy, Leigh Ann and Percy) to talk to her. The meeting was emotional for all of us. The lady pull the little boy up to talk to him, then she talked to Leigh Ann. Her first words were telling us about the law and what it says. My sister spoke up and talked to her. She did begin to cry (as Americans do). Then the chain reaction began: I cried then the little boy cried. We were all crying! The lady even began to cry with us. Her final words were "we will make it happen". Wow - what powerful words that only God could have given her. The little boy said in the van while we were driving "TT is going to be my mother". Such precious words from him, if you only knew his past and the hard life he has expericenced so far.

* I met the girls' family. I especially wanted to meet with their mother and grandmother. They were so grateful and happy to see how well they were doing. Of course, that was emotionally as well. The girls were running to everyone when we got there. They were so excited. I was very surprised but they kept coming up to me and holding my hand and wanting to be held. They acted proud of me. I almost lost it about 3 times. I held off until I hugged their mom and got into the van. Oh Boy, that was hard but in a good way hard. We got pictures and I even got a video of their mom and grandmother saying a message that they will treasure one day when they are old enough to really under what is going on.

* The little boy that is afraid of white people that just came to Eban House, did not hiss or pinch us today. He actually smiled and walked up to Leigh Ann and hugged her. He even let her put the straw in his juice box. That was a miracle!

* We had the girls' going away party today as well. The children ate biscuits (cookies) and drank from juice boxes. They also did some dancing and singing. Of course I got some video of that. :0)

* We have not experienced any tantrums yet. I thought for sure we were going to because the girls didn't eat until 2:30 and they didn't get a nap. They were very tired and almost lost it but didn't.

Well, that's it for today and guess who just walked in so I for sure have to go.
:0)

Chalene

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Chalene,

What an incredible post- the first couple of paragraphs had me crying too! I will pray for your sister and that special little boy. God can work miracles and it sounds like they are starting already in the social welfare person. Isn't "S" that is there right now seeing her boys a single mom???

God bless you all and I am so happy for you that you had that meeting with the girls' family. What wonderful, meaningful experiences for your family.

Fabu

Bingaling said...

What a great update! I'm so glad you were able to meet with the girls' birth family today...I'm sure it was emotional, but something the girls will treasure someday.

I'll keep your sis and the little boy in my prayers...what an amazing turn of events if she has met her son!

Praying that the rest of your trip is wonderful!
Chanda

Jen said...

Chalene, I knew about the meeting but am also so thrilled about your wonderful experience with the birthmother and grandmother. am so happy for you that you and both of them will have this beautiful meeting to remember and treasure for years for the rest of your lives.

Jennine

A. Gillispie said...

Yea! Gotta say it--PRAISE GOD!!! I was just in absolute tears when I was IMing with Muna when the news came through about "C" and "A." Just truly awesome.

And I'm SO glad that the meeting with the girls' biological family went so well. I know you were worried about how they would handle things. What a precious time, for now and forever.

Anita

Heather said...

Chalene, What a truly incredible day. It's amazing how God works. The chain of events that led you to adopt are also bringing your sister and her son together. I'm keeping your sister and A. in my prayers.

Heather A

Amy J said...

God is amazing! What a new, unexpected, and wonderful life your sister will be getting. I'd say the emotional floodgates were let loose today. I'm so happy for all your experiencing, and your sister too.

Amy J.

Kristin said...

Wow- how amazing! I am so happy for your sister and will pray that all continuew to go well for her and 'A'!